Saturday, January 23, 2016

Winter in SoCal Blog Hop and FREEBIE


I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a snowy, white Winter.  I see such heavenly photos of deep blankets of snow covering towns, and I get so envious! But then as I walk out the door in the middle of January in shorts and a shirt, I wonder....I may be so lucky to live somewhere where I can go hang out at the beach all year long.

I feel extremely blessed to live in Southern California my entire life!!!  I grew up in Los Angeles, and moved to San Diego to go to UCSD.  Thankfully, I ended up staying in San Diego because I got married to a San Diego native.


All San Diegans know that one of the greatest times to go to Disneyland is during the Winter. The place is always busy, but it seems just a tad less busy during this time.


My next favorite place to visit during the Winter is the San Diego zoo! The animals are so much more alive because it's not so hot! I love seeing the polar bears play with their water ball! I also never have to wait in line for our koala bears!! Talk about being spoiled!


This year my principal hosted our Holiday party outside, and it was the sweetest event. It definitely wasn't cold, but the chill in the air had people a little bit more cozier than usual. I know this wouldn't have been possible if we lived anywhere other than SoCal.


I feel like my next favorite thing to do in SoCal is a brag. I LOVE to go hiking during this time! You know how you get sweaty when it's the summertime? Well during the Winter, you just get warmed up! 


I even got married in the Winter! When we chose the month of our wedding, we knew we wanted a Winter day because it was cheaper and we still got a sunny day! To see more pictures from the January wedding, click here.

I'm going to end the last being a TPT blogger meetup!


I literally just got back from a meet up in Manhattan Beach, and you wouldn't understand how gorgeous the weather was! 

Winter in Southern California is more like Spring in the East Coast, but I wouldn't have it any other way! What is your Winter like? I would love to know! Let me know below in the comments section.

Now.... onto the juicy Winter freebie you've been waiting for!

Click here to download
This free Winter math fact family resource is great for first graders using Go Math or any Common Core curriculum. This is also great for high Kindergarteners or RTI and small group in 2nd grade. If you are looking for printables or worksheets that would allow your students to practice their math fact families, then this is the perfect resource for you!

This resource consists of the following math concepts:
➤Addition and Subtract Fact Family (2 pages)
➤Addition Facts to 20 (1 page)
➤Subtraction Facts to 20 (1 page)





Thank you for visiting my blog! Don't forget to me on bloglovin to for more fun, rigorous math freebies! Also, you are ALMOST finished with the blog hop! Click below for the next blog! 

Next blog!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Liana,
    I just love the San Diego Zoo, too! It's our end of the year field trip for our firsties. Thank you for the winter math activities. It's exactly what we've been working on in first grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That much be a crazy field trip! The zoo is a maze! I'm glad you are enjoying it. You're not using Go Math are you? That's what we use, and that's where we are in the curriculum map right now!

      Delete
  2. I wish I had been able to join you all for the meet up! Hopefully next time. It looks like you all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that would be wonderful! I love meeting new teacher/blogger buddies!

      Delete
  3. Hi Liana,
    I love your wedding pictures! So lovely to have a winter wedding!
    Thank you for that fun winter math freebie! xoxo
    Peggy @ Primary Flourish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy!

      Thank you so much! It was a very special day! You are very welcome! We used that in my first grade class, and we sure did love it!
      Liana

      Delete
  4. You're right, you can't beat the weather here! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for hosting, Kristen! I'm happy to be a part of the Socal Bloggers. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm a Santa Barbara native, and we were married in January -- beautiful weather! We LOVE San Diego -- lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE San Diego. My sister lives near Solana Beach and the weather is always perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liana! Loved all your pictures! I love Disneyland too! Had so much fun seeing you at the meet-up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so much pleased to see these photos. It’s good to know that you had great times in these events. Thanks for sharing these wedding photos. You know I will also be attending an early summer destination wedding at one of popular Chicago wedding venues. Eagerly waiting for that event!!

    ReplyDelete