Saturday, October 24, 2015

DIY Privacy Boards Tutorial + a FREEBIE


I teach first grade, and I'm so sad to say that with all this standards-based instruction comes a lot of standards-based assessment. Thankfully, my school builds great rapport with the students on test-taking, so it is not so cringe-worthy.  

On a weekly basis, my students take a spelling test, ELA performance task, math test, and a reading record. Needless to say, Fun Fridays are very much needed.  We take tests in between Fun Friday activities.  It's so easy to trick the kids that they are having a Fun Friday! :) 

Well, today's post focuses on the privacy boards that allow my students to take those assessments in a comfortable way. It's my first tutorial, so I decided to make it a simple one. 


All you need for this tutorial are folders, 2 per student, and a stapler.  It took me about 10 minutes to build 25 privacy boards. It's so easy, you really shouldn't get the store bought privacy boards. 


To start off, you need to get two folders, and align the end of the boards to one another. This makes a very long folder. Stable the bottom  while holding the top part. Then staple the top part. 


Once you have those 2-4 staples in, you can laminate the folders to keep them in good condition. My job is not yet complete, because I want to add pages inside the boards to give my students confidence during these assessments. 

                



I will be printing and gluing the pages on the inside in this order. I decided to not put any more information on these printables because I didn't want them to get overwhelmed with information that may not be pertinent at the moment. 

If you need these FREE printables to glue in your privacy boards before you laminate them, then click here.

I hope this tutorial is clear to copy! Let me know if you have any questions! Leave a comment below letting me know what kind of tests/assessments/quizzes your little ones have to take in the week. 

1 comment: