Wednesday, September 2, 2015

{Unfinished} Classroom Reveal 2015

Back to School 2015 came and went in a flash! We had our first day of school August 19, 2015, and I had exactly two days to get ready for my new classroom, new grade, and new school. TWO!?! There have been so many changes these past two months, and I haven't even been able to just sit and breathe!

When my classroom doors opened for my little first graders, my classroom was only half completed. I wish I could say that my classroom is complete and done, but I am not so fortunate! The space is so huge, and I have never had so many bulletin boards to put up.

The great thing is that the students cared less that they didn't see a birthday board or the BUILD math center signs that had not been posted.  They were happy to be in school (mostly), and they loved seeing their new friends.

Before I go any further, I want to share what my classroom looked like the first day of school. Keep in mind that it is completely unfinished, and I will post updated pictures soon!


Thank you to the wonderful Ashley from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and Angie from Angie from Lucky Little Learners for setting this link up to share our classrooms! I love going through all the link ups to check out other teachers' classrooms. 
 

I was so excited to see that my new school had Promethean boards for the first grade teachers. It's very similar to the Smart Board, and the students are so attracted to anything involving the board. It's just too bad that it covers a wonderful, big white board.

I also got that black chair from Big Lots for about $35.  When I saw it, I knew I needed it for my morning meetings. It's comfy and I love it!

The letters above the board are from my store, and you can find it here. They are super bright and yellow, and they are just perfect for the theme in my classroom.


How lovely is my kidney bean table? I finally have this golden nugget for my guided reading and BUILD math centers. I wasn't finished those three bulletin boards, but I will be putting my calendar math, math strategies, and numbers 1-20 on there. The black calendar was from Lakeshore, and the months/days are from Sharp in Second.


Overall, I love how the bulletin boards came out.  The teal/yellow/white combination makes for a clean look, and I love creating a clean and organized space to work, play, and learn in.


My plans for this white board is be command central. I already have a part of my daily agenda up. I got the schedule cards from ABC123is4ME, and I love them as much as my students do! I also plan on having my word wall on this white board. I plan on doing big things with my word wall, so I wanted it in a very localized center.


This part of the room is sectioned off from the tables and carpet area. I plan on putting my BUILD math centers and guided reading centers in this location. I also have book cubbies for my students. I like to have my students have at least 3-4 books that they can read and re-read the books they love. I also have my "turn-in area" in this area.


Welcome the back of my classroom. I have placed my iPads on two tables in the back. It's quiet and perfect for those little techies.  I also have the writing center table next to it.  For those bulletin boards, I plan on putting my writing showcase wall and my data board on the other one.


Here is a further look from the front of the classroom. So far I have 5 circle tables for my students to do independent work.  I'm used to the rectangular tables with cubbies, but I think I can make do with the circles. :) I'm still trying to decide if I want to move those two random rectangular tables out of the classroom and move my kidney bean shaped table in that area. If you have any thoughts, leave me a message and let me know! :)


Here are more looks of the back of the classroom. I still need to put up a welcome door (I know, I'm a horrible teacher for not putting up my welcome board) and a class jobs board.


The white table was in the classroom when I came in.  I love having it there so the students can do centers on it. The beautiful carpets were also there, so I don't have any information on how much they are or where to get them from.




This is the teacher control center.  I have my materials, paper, extra centers, and other gadgets in this area. The baskets were from Dollar Tree and 99 Cent Store.  I bought them 3 years ago, so I don't know if they still have the same ones.

I did get the plastic drawers organizer from Amazon, and the pretty Teacher Toolbox Labels are from Teach Create Motivate.


Well, that's it for now, but keep a look out for more updates! I have high hopes for my classroom and my wonderful little kiddos!


No comments:

Post a Comment