Saturday, August 1, 2015

Welcome to My Blog

Hello and welcome to Love Learning with Liana!!! I'm so glad that you have made it to my happy place.  I'll tell you why it's such a happy place for me in another post. ;) If you are a teacher looking to read about interesting things happening in education or looking to for innovative ways to teach primary grades K-2, then you have come to the perfect place! In my blog, I plan on posting a lot of memorable experiences from teaching in my class and also connecting with other teachers from around the world!

Before, I get into anything else though, I need to talk about the person who created the blog. Look at it, it's so pretty, and it's made by the most awesome person ever...Laine Sutherland from A Little Piece of Africa.  She is so talented, kind, wonderful, and every other positive adjective you can find. I would never in a million years be able to do this beautiful work. She's provided me with the most amazing goodies that I just can't wait to use. 


Like this button that I will be flashing here and there. How cute is it??! I'm in blog heaven! Laine, if you are reading this, then you should know that you are simply amazing!

Well if you haven't already guessed it, then I should let you know that I'm Liana! I'm a 25 year old teacher in sunny San Diego, California, and it's going to be my 4th year teaching. Before I start talking about teaching, I wanted to tell you a little bit about who I am. First thing first, I love Jesus.  I am who I am because of Jesus, and he is my light in this crazy world. :) 


Another thing you should probably know about me is that I have a million and two hobbies!  I love everything from basketball to chess to dancing to reading to Netflixing to spending endless hours creating for my classroom and Teachers Pay Teachers.    I also love love LOVE hanging out with my husband and best friends. They're wonderful, but they just can't handle too much of my Teacher/TpT talk. Soooooo.....this is also a personal advertisement for a blogger bestie. :P 

Started off sarcastic, but became something else...
Anyways! Let's get started on my life as a teacher.  My first two years of teaching were in Los Angeles, and I taught kindergarten and first grade. I absolutely loved teaching those years, but then I got engaged! I had wanted to move from LA to SD because I wanted to get situated in a school before our wedding in January.  It was hectic at first getting used to a new city, new apartment, and new teaching environment, but it all ended up to be worth it because I married the most amazing man in the whole wide world!   

That's him!
If you're interested, my next post will be about my wedding! You might even see some photos and even a video!  

Back to teacher talk! I'm a total elementary teacher at heart, but when I moved down to San Diego, I accepted a position teaching high school English and ESL.  I know, totally crazy! When I told family and friends the grades I taught, they were surprised about my jump.  I had wonderful experiences at the high school, but I knew that I belonged in an elementary school. Thankfully, I am now teaching at the most amazing ELEMENTARY school.  


My students from the past will be missed! Everyone warned me that teaching high school was going to be much harder than first grade, but fortunately, I did not experience that! My students were awesome, they cared for me and for one another (after weeks of training), and most importantly they wanted to improve.  


Nonetheless, I'm more excited this year than I have ever been before.  If you know me, then you are probably saying, "Wow" because I am already a pretty excited person about education.  What can I say? It's the field I belong in, and it's the field that I put most of my energy in!  Plus, the new school I'm at looks at students with a social justice lens, and the the teachers and administrators are just so darn amazing!  



You may be thinking that this new school spurred my decision to create a new blog, but it's really not.  In the past few weeks, I have felt so much encouragement and inspiration from amazing teacher/blogger/creators like Ashley from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2ndErin from I'm Lovin LitAngie from Lucky Little Learners, and Christina from Second Grade Sugar and Spice.  

Gosh!! These ladies are so encouraging! After reading their blogs, I had the intense desire to create my own and share my own thoughts with the world! I know too many exclamation marks, but I'm too excited...  :P 

The end of my extremely long welcome post has come to an end, but I hope we don't have to stop connecting. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below if you have ever had any teaching/life transitions in your life?  How did you manage? I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Liana!
    I saw your post about your new blog in our So Cal TPT Facebook page. Your blog is ADORABLE!!! Isn't Laine amazing??!! I got to meet her in Vegas. My sister lives in San Diego so I visit often. There are also plenty of So Cal TpTers that live there. You look beautiful in your wedding pics! Congrats! Also, I love your ad for a blogging bestie. That is so my humor! :) I am happy to be your newest follower!

    Blessings,

    Angela Linzay
    Lightscamerateach@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela!

      Thank you so much for your kind words! Yeah, I absolutely love Laine, and it was so easy to work with her. We should have a meet up when you come down and visit your sister! Thanks so much!

      Liana

      Delete
  2. Hey there! Welcome to blogging / social media teacher land! It's awesome and everyone out here is so so supportive, I just know you'll love it! I'm off to read about your wedding and your currently! (But I'm on vacation so if I don't leave more comments, it's because I got distracted!) :-)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! Look at you! I need one of those! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete