Sunday, August 2, 2015

Currently August 2015

Welcome to my very first Currently, and I am happy to be in such a wonderful link up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade! I'm not exactly sure how to do this, but I will go with my first instinct. :)

It's such an exciting time in my life right now. Not because it's August, and I start school school in 6 days! (That may have a lot to do with it actually...) But besides that, I've started my new blog, 4.5 months in as a teacher-author at Teachers Pay Teachers, and I'm moving to an amazing school that I want to grow old in. These are all huge steps, and I can't wait to document all of my experiences- the good and the bad. Well, without further ado, let's get started.


Listening: If you follow me on Instagram, then you know I went to a "Unconference" for the California Teachers Summit this past Friday.  Well, on my way there (12 minute drive), and on my way back, I had Icona Pop's "Emergency" song on replay BLASTING from my car.  It is just so perfect, and I just can't stop dancing to it. Listen to it now! If you don't like it, I'm sorry. :)




Loving: Gahahhhhhhhh, I am so in love and in blog heaven. I am loving my new blog that Laine from A Little Piece of Africa created for me. It is just so beautiful, and it reminds me of my wedding because of the colors. Also, I feel that it really is similar to my personality! It's soothing, calm, but still popping with a little bit of color! 



Thinking: There are so many teacher planners on TPT, and I have no idea which one to choose from. Do you have any suggestions? I'm a first grade teacher, and I would love for any suggestions.  Also, when you buy your teacher planner on TPT, do you print it at home and bind or just put it in a folder?

Wanting: I got hired at the most amazing charter school about 3-4 weeks ago, but the classroom they are going to give me is being used as the summer school room, so I am not able to move in until this Friday. I am just dreaming of what it looks like, and how long it will take to clean it up and set it up. I know that it is like three times the size of my last class, so I have to fill it up.  I will definitely  be blogging about the entire process. 

Needing: Let me explain my life, and I know it's going to be a total excuse, but let me explain anyways. I went to UCSD to get my degree and gained 15 lbs. Without any breaks, I went straight to graduate school and started my first teaching job at the same time. Another 15 lbs. :( Then the wedding right after I graduated, and I feel like I barely had any time just to myself.  In between creating resources for my class, home visits, and wedding planning, I barely had any time to myself. NOW....I have no excuses!!!! Starting today I will be joining CHUZE fitness (why don't they just spell choose :(), and I am going to get fit. Keep me accountable, please. Pretty please. 

B2S RAK: So it took a little while to understand what RAK acronym stood for, but once I read a few Currently, I got that it meant Random Acts of Kindness. I know...super slow this beautiful Sunday morning.  Anyways, I'm finally a part of a grade level team, and I am so excited to be working with everyone.  I plan on creating little goodies to give them on the first day.  Nothing to big, but maybe candies, pens, notepads, and some stuff teachers like. I have to visit the Dollar Tree and Target. 

Anyways, it was a pleasure writing in this link up.  Looking forward to next month! Ciao! 

8 comments:

  1. HI Liana! It took me a while to figure out RAK, too! LOL! I have some cute gift ideas on my blog that may interest you for your team.
    Cheryle @ www.astheclassroomturns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cheryle!

      Lol, I have to check out those gift ideas! I have one 17 more days to get that ready!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks so cute! I haven't bought any planners from TpT. I am addicted to and love my Erin Condren Teacher planner. Oh that stinks about your classroom. I know the same feeling, we are going through a construction phase at our school. :-/ I too am trying an exercise program, 21 Day Fix Extreme. I am on day 10 and I am starting to notice some awesome results.

    ~Karyn
    Teaching in Bows Pearls and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love buying from TPT because of the automatic satisfaction. I don't think I can wait a week for it to come in. LOL I think my friend is also doing the 21 Day FIx. She finished, and the changes were spectacular! I have to look into it

      Delete
  4. Ok I am glad I wasn't the only one that wasn't getting what RAK meant!! I have made a pact with a friend that we will keep up the exercising once I go back to school. I am dealing with some extra lbs. They need to go and they are not!! It's frustrating, but I refuse to buy bigger fat jeans...LOL! When your fat pants are tight it is time to get serious. I want my skinny jeans back!! Good luck in setting up your new class!!

    Christa
    sweetlifeofsecondgrade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I found a teacher friend that is also interested in working out. She lives in the same city as me so I'm hoping we actually work out! Ugh, don't get me started on buying new clothes! I've kept all of my old clothes in hopes to wear them again! We can do it!

      Delete
  5. Love your blog! So cute! And I wish I had some planner advice but I'm addicted to Erin Condren planners. I may switch it up next year. The gifts for your team sound like a cute idea. Pintrest has tons of inspiration of course!

    ReplyDelete