Monday, March 16, 2015

Writing Rubric for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Graders: Self, Peer, and Teacher Review



I love teaching writing, especially to my first graders. We had our little routine going, but I think my favorite part was seeing my students grow from writers to peer-editors.  Towards the middle of the school year, my students were used to writing and then getting their work checked.  First they would check their own work, but then they would find a partner to check their work.

It definitely took a lot of training in the beginning, but it paid off because my students owned their writing!  I even created a rubric for them to go through, and this made things a hundred times easier. 




This document makes it so easy to provide feedback and a score for the students to see. If you want it, I have it for free at in my teachers pay teachers store.  Click here for the freebie.  

I also have this rubric in a book report I created for my first graders. They enjoyed filling out book reports using this, and the more they did, the better they became at identifying story elements! 








No comments:

Post a Comment