Monday, March 9, 2015

Secondary ELA Test Prep Vocabulary


I currently teach one period of CAHSEE PREP for 11th and 12th graders. I work with students that have incredible difficult passing the High School Exit Exam.  I try to prepare them as much as I can, but some of my students cannot seem to get through it.

As I reflect on my teaching and what the students say, I can't help but come to the conclusion that the students not passing are the ones that have a less extensive vocabulary  than the students that pass the exam.

Now, I do everything in my power to focus on the vocabulary in the CAHSEE. I created games, worksheets, group activities, and worksheets so the students can get many forms of practice of the CAHSEE vocabulary.

If you want to implement some of these strategies in your planning, just go on over to my TPT store or just click here for a few of the activities.












No comments:

Post a Comment