Friday, August 23, 2013

Classroom Reveal Pictures Galore

It's done, finally done!!! :) I had never known how time extensive and difficult it was to create a classroom.  I hope it is like this only in the beginning.  There are so many people I was to thank for helping me create my wonderful classroom.  God, mom, principle, boyfriend <3, fellow teachers, and my wonderful friends. Love you guys. Well, without further ado, here they are!


Here is a picture from the door looking in.  I have the smart board on one wall, white board on another, and my cabinets are on the opposite wall that is not shown.  You can also see the teacher easel that I had purchased earlier on Amazon. I love it!


Here is another picture from the door. I have 14 first graders this year, and I wanted to make sure that my students had enough room to walk around and not feel stuck in any one location. 


My little library is still a work in progress. As a new teacher, I still have to add to my library.  I am also still in the process of labeling each book so that the students know where to put the book back after they read it. 


I decided to add a little lamp so have more light in the library.  It like that it creates a softer and warmer environment in the library.  It is also more homey.  


Here is my science center..I still have to add class pets. any suggestions?  (Special thanks to my mom for buying me these beautiful plants)

I plan on having my lovely students writing in the science observations journal during the writing centers.  This is mainly for the students that are drawn to nature.  We have to account for the multiple intelligences in our classes. 

Here is a close up of the pretty plants.

Here is a view of my parent board. It is set right by the door so when my student's parents come in, they feel welcome.  I have parent, student, teacher responsibilities, a poem just for them, and other information/pictures. 



I do not have much wall space, so the calendar went underneath the smart board.


These are my monthly bins.  Any books I will be reading for the month, I will put here.  I also will keep any other handouts or manipulatives for lessons I will need. 


student mail boxes


my door


word wall


area for students to put their books


small group area


cool down spot, writing center, listening/computer center


I plan on implementing Rick Morris strategies in my classroom so I brought my class cd player to the front of the room where the white board is.  I want to use music and short clips for transition times.  I plan on also playing music during student independent production time.
Here is my objectives/daily 5/date board.
Daily schedule


focus wall is above the library



I would like to talk about my authors to my first graders, and so we will be looking up where the authors are from and finding it on the map.


I love my cool down spot!  I have a journal, pens, pencils, markers, headphones to keep out music, sand timer, ball, and plant for my buddies that need a little cooling down to do.  Although I love this station, I hope that I do not use it often.


Here is my classroom from my desk in the corner. 


Here is the helping hands wall.  We will be making the hands and writing the names on as soon as my students come in next week!  I plan on changing the jobs every 2 weeks. 


Here is my teacher desk.  I have not worked on this area just yet.  I will provide updated pictures later.


And last but not least, here is our timeline wall.  I saw this idea on Pinterest, and I absolutely loved it!  I can't wait to take the first picture on the first day of class.  



Well, here is my classroom.  It was my very first time setting up my classroom, and I had a blast! Let me know if you like anything or have any suggestions! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment